no_title_is_cool?

Saturday, May 06, 2006

happy election day

i wake up early in the morning to a freezing room and struggle to entangle myself from my blanket so i can cover myself. ouch! i bent my finger nail. the long one. i go back to sleep.

i wake up for real. i go read the newspapers and fondle my nail. it's like my favourite past time. hm, there's something on my nail. i try to scratch it off. doesn't work.

i look at it. fuck, there's a crack at the bottom. the events of this morning came flooding into my mind. i broke my nail.

my nail that has been growing for 7 months, since last october. my nail that has been with me through thick and thin, to school, to the exam hall, to wipe my ass, to my birthday, christmas, new year, chinese new year.

many have called it hurting names, but i still persisted. "yucks," "sick," "disgusting," "WAH!"
i've heard it all. people were so intolerant towards something different.

it has been through thick and thin with me. i watched it grow from a measly 1mm to its full 2cm glory. but it was broken and i had no choice.

i bit it off.

as tears fell from my eyes, i laid it's body to rest in an old mentos box, and placed it in its final resting place within the depths of my drawer.

R.I.P. my dearest fingernail. i will miss you.


some people may call me a sick fuck for biting it off, but there wasn't really another way. it's too long for a nail clipper, and using scissors is dangerous.

anyway i'm suffering from a phantom fingernail. i still type with my middle finger raised although there is no nail. and it feels so weird when i clench my fist.


now playing
right side of the bed - atreyu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home