no_title_is_cool?

Saturday, August 05, 2006

i don't smile

my maid's sister works in the next block, and she looks after a little indian-chinese girl. my maid and her sister both like to talk a whole lot, and as a result, the little girl is always in my house.

she's just a little over 2 years old, and all she can say is "eeeee-ooooo-eeeeee" and some other unintelligible sounds.

when i was 2, i could speak quite a bit fluently.

one of my earliest memories i can think of, is that we went to the bird park on my second birthday, and a pelican shat on a fat ang moh tourist.

and i remembered the day when my mother went to the hospital to give birth to my brother, i woke up in the morning and asked my maid where my mother was.

i was a clever boy.

once, my maid was ironing some clothes and she went to pick up the phone. she told me not to touch the iron because it was hot. so i stood there and looked at the iron, and waited. it didn't look hot anymore, so i stuck out my right thumb and pressed it against the metal surface.

that was a fun experience.

i still wonder why she can't speak.