no_title_is_cool?

Friday, February 08, 2008

1!

it's sort of a mini-tragedy that going into day 2 of the chinese new year, i've only got ONE ang pow. and that's from my father/mother combined. i think i may just break the record for lowest earnings this new year. it has been going into a downward spiral since my grandmother died in 2000 and all her relatives and friends stopped visiting. so no more ang pows for us.

anyway i think CNY is getting more and more meaningless to my family. we don't really bother about it, which is quite a shame. like today we were supposed to visit my father's cousin i think, and my brother and sister were asleep. my father spent the whole morning/afternoon trying to wake them up, and when they finally woke up in the afternoon, he went to sleep instead.

in the end we didn't go anywhere and thus explains my miserly collection. quite weird that visiting relatives is an optional thing for us. i always thought that it's supposed to be compulsory for everyone to go visiting.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home