no_title_is_cool?

Sunday, February 24, 2008

i was only 17!

"when i met you, i was just a kid
hadn't built up my defenses
so i gave my heart completely
vaseline over the lenses

memories don't go away
i remember every day

i never, ever stop wondering
wondering if you still think of us
i don't need a photograph
because you've never left my mind
no, you've never left my mind"
requiem for omm2 - of montreal

yesterday i was sifting through my drawer when i found (among many other things) a red packet given to me by my mother for my 18th birthday.

"happy 18th birthday.
from mummy & daddy"

and inside was 2 $50 notes, so i'm $100 richer now. it was so long ago that the notes were yellowish. i think it's because they were inside the red packet since money elsewhere never get yellow.

i also found another red packet filled with around a hundred bucks worth of $2 notes. i put it there so long ago that i totally forgotten about it. now i'm $200 richer.

i bet there's lots more to discover. my drawer is like a treasure island.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home