no_title_is_cool?

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

everyone should try it

i got drunk for the first time in 2005. maybe some of you might remember it. it was my first time really drinking alcohol and it felt weird and made me laugh a lot. i wasn't really DRUNK but it was good enough for my first experience.

i didn't like the feeling at all, being dizzy and sleepy and disorientated, and i still don't like it now. so why do i drink? i guess the fun is in the process rather than the outcome, playing games and behaving in ways that get progressively stupider as the alcohol flows, until the point of drunkedness is achieved and the fun stops.

drinking has brought me many experiences that i wouldn't get otherwise, such as puking, puking, puking, shitting in bushes, sleeping in the bathroom, puking in the airport, puking in taxis, puking in bushes etc, but mainly puking.

however i always try to remain relatively rational when i'm drunk and i've been quite successful. i always manage to get home under my own ability, i've never puked on myself (maybe a little) and i've never lost any belongings. sometimes though i manage to do or say things in my state of drunken invincibility that make me feel stupid the day after, but nothing too severe (most of the time).

last week my father found an empty bottle of jack in the kitchen cupboard and kicked up a fuss until i told him it was mine and that i finished it 2 years ago. he said something about alcoholic and then asked why haven't he seen it before when it's been sitting happily in there for 2 years. kind of a redundant question since he's only home maybe a total of 1 month per year and he doesn't really spend his time scouring through the cupboards.

he went to put the jack back in the cupboard and instead found a half-finished bottle of tequila, also belonging to me. i think he must have been a little shocked. luckily he doesn't know about the whisky in my room or he'd make me go to rehab and i'll say no no no.

i drink at home by myself sometimes when i'm bored in the afternoon when no one's at home so there's less explaining involved. i don't drink a lot, mostly just to pass time and to have something to do. i've only gotten drunk twice by myself so it's not really a problem.

anyway i've developed an aversion to most alcohols, which explains why the tequila and whisky are still in their bottles rather than in my stomach. i think my brother's gonna take over from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home