no_title_is_cool?

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

sooner than you'd expect

whenever i look at old people, i just can't help but imagine myself in their position. i can't accept the fact that one day i'll be so old that i wouldn't even remember what it felt like to be young. my childhood would be so long ago that the memories only come in tiny bits and pieces.

so old that when i look at my face in the mirror all i see is a bag of wrinkles and saggy skin, blurred by my deteriorating vision. the mind is slow and the body is fading, with nothing left to do but wait.

i always wonder what old people think when they look back upon their past. do they still feel regret for actions done decades ago? have they come to terms with it or did they just get resigned to their fate after all the years that have gone by? or perhaps they've simply forgotten about their regrets, washed away by the ebb and flow of time?

maybe if i am able to get some answers it would show me how to live my life or lessen my fear of the inevitable. maybe it would keep me from worrying about all the things in life that are beyond my control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home