no_title_is_cool?

Friday, August 08, 2008

it's what you don't see

last sunday night in my holiday resort i awoke at around 12am after about half an hour of sleep because i was sweating. i opened my mosquito net and tried to go back to sleep.

in that place, i have a habit of not opening my eyes when i wake up at night for fear of seeing some friends around in the room. also for some reason i wake up every single night so i would quickly force myself back to sleep.

that night wasn't much different, except that i spent 2 hours trying to sleep. i lay awake from 12 to 2am with my eyes closed and heard all kinds of strange noises, which then further caused me to be unable to sleep.

here's a list, not in order of appearance:

1. keys jingling, as though they were thrown up and caught

2. unknown noise which i suspect to be bunkmate grinding his teeth, except that my brother grinds his teeth every night and it sounds completely different

3. locker banged, could be bunkmate hitting it while turning in bed

4. some other random sounds

5. i also felt my mattress shake, as though something was dropped onto it

this went on until somewhere after 2, when i decided to open my eyes and look around the room. good thing i didn't see anything around.

i then smsed my mother and amazingly she was still awake, so i spent the next 2 hours messaging her and there weren't any strange happenings after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home