no_title_is_cool?

Saturday, August 16, 2008

you suck the life outta me

i fell asleep on the sofa this evening and my brother woke me up a while later because my phone was ringing. for the first few seconds, i was in a state of panic and confusion because i couldn't remember where was i, or who that guy was.

it took a little while before i got myself straightened out and took my call.

i remember in the past i noted that my newly-enlisted friends would only talk about the army when we met up. it was as though 6 days of army per week wasn't enough and they had to think about it on the remaining day.

now i understand that it's because army is evil and it sucks the life and creativity out of your soul, leaving you with nothing.

we're really cut off from the world in that place. there's an annex room with tv but we're not allowed to use it so i have no idea why it's there. there's newspapers but they don't get delivered or we're too busy to look at it.

basically it's just 6 days of army army army army army army. when i meet up with my friends i struggle to think of things to say because my mind is a blank. all i have are my stupid experiences in camp and everything else army-related.

this is still alright with people who have experienced army, since they can understand what i'm talking about and share their own stories, but others really have no interest in fucking army stories, just like myself back then.

this lack of imagination and creativity is also evident in here. all my posts since my enlistment has been about that stupid place and nothing else. how very interesting.

1 Comments:

  • or am i the only weird one around? haha cos sometimes i kinda enjoy listening to my friends share their experiences in camp. haha

    i mean the stupid/fun things. haha but not what ... their training was. haha

    By Blogger michelle, at August 18, 2008 4:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home