no_title_is_cool?

Friday, September 19, 2008

two sides to everything

shock #1
this morning i went to the dentist and she said my braces can come off by november if everything goes well. i was slightly stunned and disappointed because i had already prepared myself to have braces on for at least another year, and now she suddenly tells me that they can come off after only 8 months.

i mean, it's supposed to be a good piece of news but i was rather taken aback for some reason. so anyway if you still haven't seen me in braces then please quickly make an appointment to do so within the next 2 months.

shock #2
after going to the dentist, i proceeded back to np to play soccer. i then found out that posting results were already out, although it was supposed to be out only at 12. so after some hesitancy, i finally gave in and got my friend to check for me.

turns out i've been sent to home team academy for training to be a police inspector. it is considered the most value for money vocation because we get paid a lot to do very little. you'd expect me to be quite happy about it but my reaction was again one of shock and disappointment.

this is also because i had already mentally prepared myself for OCS/SISPEC training and all the assorted shit that came with it, and now suddenly all my preparation has gone to waste. i was ready for the jungle and now i'm sent to a concrete jungle.

another thing i wasn't happy about was that almost everyone i know has been sent to command school to slog their asses off while i get to chill and drive police cars while at the same time getting a higher pay. i know it's not a bad thing but somehow it just feels wrong.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home