no_title_is_cool?

Sunday, October 12, 2008

the bass of life

last night i was in the shower at around 4am when a very strange and scary feeling enveloped me. i remember experiencing it before twice in my life, and the last time was 10 years ago while i was sleeping and having a fever. on that day i was crying in my sleep because it felt so uncomfortable and scary as a drifted in and out of my dreams, i couldn't wake up because the fever was probably getting to my brain.

it's always impossible to describe a feeling, but i'll try and you can try to imagine.

imagine a bass drum beating at a comfortable pace, maybe around 60 beats per minute. this bass drum dictates the speed of your life. thud thud thud thud. then all of a sudden, the beats get faster and faster. now it's at 90.

thudthudthudthud.

the things i see seem to move much faster than usual. i watch myself soaping my arms and my hands seem to be moving way too fast. i am aware that something is happening and attempt to further slow down my movements to counteract this sensation. i breathe in and out, slowly and deliberately. i try to keep calm.

THUDTHUDTHUDTHUDTHUDTHUD.

120. the pace is getting worse now. something in my head is telling my body to move faster, to match the speed of what i'm seeing. i am fighting the urge to move faster because i'm worried that it will lead to more damage. the feeling is scary, it's not like there's a voice in my head telling me "FASTER FASTER" but rather just an insatiable urge to.

at this point of time i was only halfway through my shower and i already wished to get the hell out of the bathroom. for a little while i thought maybe i was being disturbed by ghosts or something like that, but i had already recognised the feeling as what i had experienced 10 years ago.

the bass speed now took the sound of the shower of water hitting my head. it felt as though every droplet of water was a beat, so you can imagine how fast it was, to the point where i had to turn off the water because i couldn't take it anymore.

i was still taking my time, moving slowly, breathing deeply, trying to fight the feeling. if you've watched the movie The Ring, then think of the scene in the videotape where the woman was shaking her head and it just got faster and faster until everything was a blur. in my case, i didn't see a blur, but i could feel it.

i finished my shower and stepped out, thinking that i would be fine but i was wrong and it was still there. i walked around a little until i couldn't take it anymore and went to bed. the feeling was gone soon after i lay down and then i fell asleep.

3 Comments:

  • actually i understand. mine was slightly different... things growing larger than me and i was panting faster and faster...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 13, 2008 2:30 am  

  • i experienced that before also, but mine happens only when i close my eyes.

    i think i first experienced it during fevertime too, and i still get it sometimes but it's not that bad.

    By Blogger cromber, at October 14, 2008 9:29 pm  

  • you can use internet while in camp?! dope

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 15, 2008 3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home