no_title_is_cool?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

vroom-crash-die

i was talking to a cab driver on my way home last friday night, because i just had a good night and was drinking and i felt friendly.

and amongst all the things i talked to him about, i asked if he thought riding a bike is dangerous, since i figured a cab driver would have lots of experience in such road-related matters.

"DANGEROUS!" he said. he then let on that he used to ride back in his younger days, even joining bike gangs and such fun stuff. and he said it was great fun.

anyway the purpose of this is because i was thinking i could just go ahead and get a bike now instead of waiting till may or whenever the time comes. the time could well be NOW.

but seriously everytime i think of riding, i think of myself lying on the road after a crash. i do think that crashing is really inevitable, just depends on how hard and how bad.

and in relation to when i said that this life is not mine, i do have to take into consideration how this would affect the people around me, my friends and my families, and whoever else who gives a shit.

if i ride and die, people will be sad (HOPEFULLY!). if i become handicapped, my family is going to be burdened by me. these are both really avoidable situations.

i think i'm just too pessimistic.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home