no_title_is_cool?

Saturday, July 10, 2010

oh, there's an emergency

thursday night i was riding home from the airport when suddenly there was a jerk and a loud noise like a mega vacuum cleaner under my bike. i later figured that my entire exhaust pipe probably fell out and i ran over it, hence the jerk and extra-loud engine noise.

i left the bike at a carpark and got the bike shop to tow it the next morning. in addition to a new exhaust, i told them to check the front brake lever too because it was feeling tight and i thought it just needed some oiling. they ended up changing the cable.

"it's better to change the cable because sometimes emergency you need to use it," the auntie told me. "hmmm, emergency," i thought. that word made me feel uneasy so i agreed.

so yesterday i went to collect my bike and i was running very late thanks to my under-estimation of how crazy traffic jams can be. i reached the shop at 7, when i was already supposed to be in class at that time.

when i was going down the carpark, i realised i had not tested my brake yet, so i very gently pulled it. once the brakes engaged, the entire shit just locked up and before i knew it, my bike was on the ground. i didn't fall because i have the reflexes of a cat.

now the left side of my bike was scraped up, the left mirror loose, front brake useless, it would have been wise to just ride back up to the mechanic and get him to fix my shit, but i was VERY late for class and i'm a dedicated student so i continued on my way.

riding through the traffic, i thought to myself, wow, if there's an emergency now i'll definitely be dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home