no_title_is_cool?

Thursday, June 23, 2011

runaway

perhaps some of you might recall my ill-fated attempt at running before i went to ns. i didn't even wear the shoes one time, and i gave them to my father last year. i think he has worn them.

i went to ns and reached my peak fitness level at about late 2008 to early 2009. i could run about 9:40 with relative ease. then i ended my training and got the office job.

there, i went to the gym very often because there wasn't much else to do. i hardly ever ran because i really really hate running. running is just making yourself tired for no damn reason.

instead, i was inspired by this video and decided to train myself to do a one-arm pull-up and also reach 20 normal pull-ups. it worked and i managed to do it, and my pull-ups also increased to over 25.

once i got it, there wasn't much reason for me to continue. i didn't see the point in getting to 30 or to do more one-arm pull-ups. the challenge had been completed and it wasn't interesting to me anymore.

i think that was around april 2010, which was also the last time i pulled on my running shoes. since then i've finished my ns and been living a rather sedentary lifestyle. soccer once a week and that's about it.

i still work out at home but nothing too extreme. the biggest accomplishment i've did was probably doing a pull-up with 23kg of weight on me. i watched as my stomach grew bigger each day.

finally on tuesday i decided that the growth of my stomach had to stop. i would now embark on a training program to regain my ippt gold and the $400 that comes with it.

yesterday morning i went to the stadium to test my running. for the first time in over a year, i ran. i was aiming for 1:45 per round but i ran too fast. first round was 1:30, and each round got progressively slower till i died midway through the 5th.

for the first time in my life, i failed to complete a 2.4 run. i knew i was fucked big time, but i guess at least this means that i have a big challenge ahead. all the more reason to work hard.

this morning i went for a run again. i still really really hate it, but it has to be done... making myself tired for a reason.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home