no_title_is_cool?

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10

tomorrow is the first day of a 10 day job i've gotten myself stuck in. it's a sad story really. for the past month i've been rejecting job offers from my friend for all sorts of reasons: too long, too boring, too low pay, etc.

until one morning (or afternoon, i don't remember), i was sleeping and she called me about this 10 day job. quite short, not too boring, hmmm, not bad. EXCEPT THAT THE PAY IS SHIT AND I HAVE TO TRAVEL ACROSS THE ISLAND FOR IT.

but in my half-awake state of mind, somehow i managed to block out the shitty bits and convince myself that it's quite a good offer and accepted it. when i was fully awake, i even calculated my expected pay and somehow managed to screw that up and over-estimate the figure.

it was only when i came close to signing the contract that i realised my folly, but in the end i decided to just fuck it and bite the bullet. hope it turns out well.

so the moral of the story is: don't accept any job offers and you'll never be at risk of having a shitty job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home