no_title_is_cool?

Thursday, February 09, 2012

control

for the past year or so, the back of my heels have been in pain whenever i run or play soccer. i don't know what's wrong with it and i haven't really bothered about it since it only hurts but doesn't really affect my mobility.

it really hurts like a bitch though. there was once i was lying in bed after running and i accidentally hit my heels against each other. i lay there paralysed by the pain for a good minute or two before i could move my legs again.

so after some time i figured i could probably convert to some exercise that's not so damaging to my body. swimming? nah too yucky and troublesome. which left me with... cycling. only problem was, i didn't own a bicycle.

previously i've always thought that there was no way i'd choose to cycle when i already had my vespa. every time i zoomed by some poor cyclist struggling by the side of the road, i'd think to myself engine is always better than legs. why suffer when i could just twist the throttle?

but after i planted this bicycle idea in my head, i started to see some tiny windows where cycling didn't seem to be such a bad thing after all... like some days i'd wake up bright and early (rare days) and the weather's so nice that it makes me feel like going out.

and then i'll think, go out and do what? ride my vespa? bleah. jog? it's too tiring. walk? walk to where? and at that point i'll be wishing i had a bicycle. it's fun enough, not tiring, and it's an activity in itself such that i can just cycle and not have to think cycle where?

on sunday 2 weeks ago i finally bit the bullet and got myself a bicycle. just a plain one, nothing fancy, and possibly even a little shitty. i didn't know much (or anything at all) and just bought what was relatively cheap and available. my idea was it'll be fine as long as it worked.

now after a week of cycling, i've started to spot all these annoying problems with it. of course it doesn't help that i've been reading a lot about bicycles online and i can now identify possibly every single fault and deficiency in my bicycle.

and also i've been looking at all these pictures of beautiful bicycles and when i look at mine... combined with all its problems... damn i hope this doesn't get too expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home