no_title_is_cool?

Monday, July 16, 2012

fragile

some time back i read this cracked article about riding a motorcycle and i found it was mostly bullshit except for #4.

#4 is true. especially when i first started riding, sometimes i would notice the road rushing past me, then i think holy shit, it's just air separating me from the road. the painful, bloody road.

after 3 years of riding it doesn't affect me that much anymore, but i still feel it. a fall at 35kmph is enough to kill, and that's slower than what usain bolt runs in the 100m. flesh and bone won't stand a chance at expressway speeds.

but i feel that it really reminds me that i, as a human, am just a weak creature. so fragile in my existence against the power of the world. you need to feel the power to understand your weakness.

other occasions when i have felt this power was in the sea and in the moshpit. the sea is just water right? until i feel the waves hit me or the current drags me and then i realise that this water can destroy me so effortlessly.

and in the moshpit, when i feel the crowd surge or maybe sometimes when i'm unfortunately being trampled, it makes me understand how people can die in stampedes. against a crowd, you're powerless, and to think it's only made up of other weak humans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home