no_title_is_cool?

Monday, January 14, 2013

come again another day

i thought it was rather lovely that it rained non-stop throughout november and december. it rained so much that i only counted 4 dry days, but there could have been rain in other parts of the island.

the big thunderstorms were my favourite, and i also liked it when it was overcast and drizzling the entire day. it feels nice to be on the bus or by a window, looking out into the pouring rain with the roar of raindrops in my ears.

it also reminded me of my childhood days, when the weather actually followed patterns, and every year it would rain heavily during the year-end school holidays. while it was pouring outside, i would gather my equipment and start building my fort.

mattresses for the roof, pillows to make walls, blanket on the floor, the bolster was my cannon, and of course no one was allowed to come in.

there were some downsides though, like when i needed to go out and it was raining bricks outside, or when my soccer games were disrupted by the weather. but all these were a small price to pay for the 2 months of glorious rain.

then the new year came and *poof* the killer sun was out in full force and there was a day that was actually the hottest january day ever recorded. where the hell did all the rain go?

thankfully the transition towards sunny days is much smoother now, with occasional rain and clouds to tamper things a little, otherwise i could just wither and die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home