no_title_is_cool?

Friday, September 27, 2013

noped

sometimes i feel the worst part of this job search thing is that i can't ever seem to get anyone's opinions on any prospective job that may or may not be interested in.

basically everyone (EVERYONE) thinks that i have been jobless for long enough that any job would be fine at this stage.

let's say i see a job ad for a road sweeper and i'm considering the pros and cons, so i ask my friends for some opinions.

hey what do you think of this road sweeper job?

yeah i think it's not bad!

but it's a road sweeper. i'm gonna be a road sweeper.

i really think it's not bad! you gotta start somewhere! can't expect too much from your first job! no harm in trying it out!

yeap those 4 sentences in the last line are what everyone is telling me. should i listen?

anyway this came to mind because i saw some openings in banking compliance and i was thinking about it in my semi-desperation, despite having no intention to join the banking or finance sector previously because it sucks so terribly and i feel like i would lose my soul.

i was about to ask some friends what they thought about this, but i already knew what they would say...

ok i shall try asking just to prove my point.

2 Comments:

  • I'm gonna tell u what my friends always tell me. Just apply. It's not like you will definitely get the interview or even the job. Every interview is a good practice. And if u get the job and you don't like it just quit.

    By Anonymous Dqb, at September 27, 2013 2:31 am  

  • that's what my friend said just now, you can always quit. but then if you leave too soon, it's not good for future employment.

    anyway i applied for all 5 of those compliance shit... first step towards selling my soul.

    By Blogger cromber, at September 27, 2013 4:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home