no_title_is_cool?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

interpol was right

"all these people that you've loved they're all bound to leave some keepsakes"
leif erikson - interpol

my sister broke up with her bf in october last year (thank god).

i don't know the circumstances behind it, but still felt a little sad (holy shit i have sympathy in my bones?) for that guy as it was just a couple of weeks away from his enlistment date.

it seemed like almost immediately after that my sis started seeing this other guy quite often but i don't know what was going on there either.

that new guy ended almost as quickly as it began, but she is totally fine and emotionless. she has always appeared quite blase when it comes to guys, as though it doesn't matter if they were there or not.

anyway, i wrote this because i heard my sister laughing just now and it sounds so much like the way her disgusting ex-bf used to laugh.

i know this because i hated him and everything he did annoyed me, and his disgusting laughter was right up there on the List of Annoying Things.

his laughter never failed to register my annoyance, therefore i quickly noticed that my sister was beginning to laugh the same way too (her laughter doesn't annoy me).

now he's gone but a part of him lives on in my sister. if it were someone else, i would perhaps find this rather poignant, but alas, he is a cunt and there's no room for sentimentality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home