no_title_is_cool?

Thursday, March 10, 2022

the beers

i've always enjoyed drinking ever since the first time i got drunk at 17 (yes late bloomer, this trend will carry on later in my life as you will see).

it was only in late 2015 that i truly (truly) began to enjoy drinking, and since then i haven't stopped. drinking has really changed my life - the things i've learnt in those countless drunken nights have opened my eyes to this world and i would think i am a completely different person from before. i've learnt so much about myself and the world around me as compared to the rest of the years i've been alive.

through the drunken nights i've learnt to break free of my introverted shell. i've finally understood what love is. i now know what makes me tick and have let go of my youthful ideals.

one side effect of all the drinking though is that i have a very bad memory now. i can't remember a damn thing and i think it extends into my past memories too, although you can't remember what you've forgotten so i'm not sure how much is lost.

as it goes, i really do appreciate the beauty of forgetting. everything is transient and it is literally how the universe operates. but it is only through humans' self-proclaimed importance that we try so hard to cling on to what is ethereal. and in forgetting, i've (possibly involuntarily) let go of things that have plagued me for years.

but all that aside, tonight, after a few too many drinks as is usual, and after being inspired by my one mysterious reader "penny," i've decided to start a new series here: lessons from the beers. each night after drinks i will write down the things i've learnt from that night of beers and post everything here.

this will be a chronicle of my drunken nights and what i've gained from these nights other than liver damage, a horrible memory and a reduced life expectancy.

should be fun.

1 Comments:

  • Oh wow wow i feel honoured to be mentioned in a post! I look forward to your beer chronicles although...would i then be an accessory to the murder of your liver?

    By Anonymous Penny, at June 08, 2022 8:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home